Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Job!


I'm an adoption caseworker for LDS Family Services. I have been an employee of LDS Family Services for almost three years now. Two of those years I was a secretary. I have my bachelor's degree in Social Work and am also a Social Service Worker (SSW) for the State of Utah. I truly have a passion for the work I do. My clients consist of adoptive couples and birth parents. I have helped facilitate our birth parent support group. Each birth mother has their own unique story and they all are the ultimate example of being selfless by placing a child into an adoptive couple's arms who are not able to have children on their own. These adopted children have a huge circle of people that love them. It has been a life changing experience to witness the miracle of adoption. It is truly a part of Heavenly Father's plan. Helping birth mothers in their adoption plan and helping adoptive couples recieve a child into their home is so rewarding!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That's awesome that you have a passion for you what you do. You have such a neat job! Mckayla is sooooo cute! I love the picture of her on the top of your blog! Justin and I both think she's adorable!

David and Amy said...

That's fantastic! Your job sounds so rewarding and challenging, keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are! That is one awesome Job you have. Your baby girl is So pretty;) I love her dark hair.