Monday, November 9, 2009

Fall Hobbies






I have felt super crafy this fall. The first picture is a floral arrangement I put together. That was fun. The next two pictures are of an apple pie I made. This is the first apple pie I have ever made. Okay, so have you ever hear of Wisconsin's famous apple pie in a bag? I hadn't either until the other day I was browsing for new recipes on the foodnetwork (which is also another hobby of mine). They had a video of some cooks at the Elegant Farmer in Wisconisn showing how they make this pie. Ah, it looked so heavenly I had to try it myself. Mine turned out a little juicy inside, but it was so delicious with some vanilla icecream on top. The next picture is of my first diaper cake. It seems I have had lots of baby showers the past little while. I have put together some fun baby gifts for my friends. The last picture is of some little girl hair bows that I made. I have been super excited about learning how to make botique hair bows for Mckayla and to give away to my friends as gifts that have baby girls. I will keep you posted as to how my skill increases in this area. I have struggled making the "korker" bow. They are the curly cue ones that you see. You actually put the ribbon on a dowel, spray starch on it, and then put it in the oven. They were really fun to make.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Very impressive :)! They all look great!

Steph and Brady said...

Wow! Way to go! It all looks awesome!

Shanna said...

Yeah, I love being crafty! Everything you made looks awesome! It's been good seeing you at HobLob!!

Shanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shani Ogden said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I love doing crafts too! I wish we lived closer to each other. I feel like we live in different states. We need to get together at some point in the future. Maybe after the new year. :)

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Hey! This is Amber (Alder) Bowden. I just came to your blog from facebook. Anyway, I love the bows! Did you follow any kind of tutorial online?